If you are going to try out speed dating for the first time, or you want to make speed dating more successful, here are some conversation starters and questions that can help speed dating be more enjoyable for you.
Good starter questions:
- What do you like to do in your spare time?
- Do you have any pets?
- Do you like to travel?
- Where is the best place you've traveled to?
There are many conversation starters you can use, but you don't want to ask any personal questions or share too much information about yourself yet.
With every question you ask, be sure that you are prepared to answer that question yourself because you know they will probably say "What about you?" after they answer.
More uncommon questions to ask if you have good chemistry:
- What is your dream job?
- What is one thing about you that you really would like me to know?
- What is the last movie you saw?
- If you could hang out with any famous person, dead or alive, for a whole day, who would it be?
- Do you have any unique talents, such as singing?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, right this second, where would you go?
There are many questions that are off limits during speed dating, and will ultimately change the way the person looks at you such as:
- How old are you? (Men, don't ask this question unless the women ask you first!!!)
- Where do you live?
- Are you a virgin?
- Do you have casual sex a lot?
- How much do you weigh?
- When was your last relationship?
- Is speed dating something you do often?
You also don't want to share certain information about yourself that may scare your date off or make them feel uncomfortable, such as information about your medical history "I used to make myself throw up after eating a lot." You also shouldn't talk about your past relationships- "I was SO in love with him and he just up and left me out of nowhere!" Leave your past relationships in the past and don't share information about yourself that will end up ruining things.
If you want to have a successful night of speed dating, think about everything you say before you say it and really consider the questions you are going to ask before you ask them. Do your best not to offend your date and try to ask different questions for each person you talk with that night- meaning don't use the same questions with everyone.